The Lofoten Islands in Winter
Join me on this 7 day arctic adventure in Lofoten Islands, in Northern Norway.
Highlights of the trip include winter landscapes, jagged mountains, amazing views, colorful fjords and the chance of experiencing the greatest show on earth, the Aurora Borealis aka Northern Lights.
This trip is organized at the end of January, early February to have the best conditions for snowy landscapes and northern light.
- Level : Beginner to Intermediate
- Accommodation in the traditional fisherman cabins (Rorbuer)
- Minivan rental, travels within the Lofoten Islands, gas, meals and drinks included.
- The flights are not included. (Flights from Brussels are around €600-€700, I'll pick you up at Leknes airport LKN when you arrive, If you are not flying from Brussels, let me know in advance to get organized)
- Maximum 7 participants
- Exertion Level : Easy / Medium – All locations are relatively close from the car, some much closer. Some slippery rocks by the ocean and uneven ground and sandy beaches present. A reasonable level of fitness and mobility is required.
- The group will be guided by Louis David.
Dates : To be announced
Price : €2100 per person.
Arrival at Leknes Airport where you are picked up by me. From here you start driving out for an hour to Basecamp in Reine Lofoten.
Once settled in the cabins, we will head out to shoot Auroras if the conditions allow it.
Day 2 – 6
Due to the incredibly fast changing weather in the Lofoten Islands, we never operate with a fixed schedule. In order to maximize your experience, it is crucial that we are in the right place at the right time. This means being very flexible and being able to read the weather systems.
However, we will cover all the well known spots from Å in the south to Henningsvær in the north. We will spend 1 or 2 whole days photographing the incredible area around Reine, famous for its small villages spread out across a string of small islands, surrounded by the most dramatic peaks. All the famous beaches will be visited; Skagsanden, Vareid, Vikten, Fredvang, Haukland, Utakleiv and Unstad. The picturesque villages of Nusfjord and Henningsvær will be explored. The highlights are endless and since we know this area extremely well we will also focus on lesser known spots that are equally impressive.
Weather permitted, every night it will be possible to witness the greatest show on the planet; the northern lights! For reasons still unknown to scientists, the northern lights are at its most active around spring equinox. This means we have great chances of seeing this incredible phenomenon.
I will make sure everyone gets safely to the airport full of amazing memories.